JUDGE: Alice Fogel
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant, in English, and not previously published.
- Submit no more than THREE (3) poems in any form.
- Manuscripts should not be stapled or attached in any way.
- Poems must be typed on 8 1/2" x 11" white bond paper. Clean and clear photocopies are acceptable. Email submissions will not be accepted.
- Do not put your name on the individual poems!
- Include a cover sheet with your name, address, telephone number, and the title of each poem.
- Residents of Worcester County OR
- WCPA Members in good standing OR
- Students or employees of institutions within Worcester County
- First Place winners of previous WCPA annual poetry contests are not eligible.
- THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE FOR WCPA MEMBERS.
- Non-WCPA members: $5.00 to submit up to 3 poems (not per poem).
- Make checks payable to: Worcester County Poetry Association.
- You may join the WCPA or renew your membership with your entry. $12 Student/Elders/Low Income Membership $30 Individual Membership. Go to the WCPA Membership page for additional membership categories.
- All entries must be postmarked by April 1, 2013
- Follow contest guidelines carefully; entries not in compliance may be disqualified.
Mail contest submissions to:
WCPA Poetry Contest 2013
1 Ekman Street
Worcester, MA 01607
JUDGING AND AWARDS
- First Place $100 - Second Place $50 - Third Place - $25
- Winning poems published in The Worcester Review, after which all rights revert to poet.
- Contest winners announced June 2013
- Winners' Reading & Award Ceremony to be held September 2013
- Submissions will not be returned. Entrants who wish to be notified of contest results must enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with their entry.
- WCPA Poetry Contest does not pre-select poems: all entries are seen by the contest judge.